If you are looking for some awesome, homemade slime for kids, this is the recipe for you. By the way…the best part? It’s also edible. Yep. Edible St. Patrick’s Day Slime. Or just green slime. It doesn’t need a holiday. Does it get any better than that? Not only can you make your own slime, you can then eat it as well. It may end up being a bit sticky, BUT it doesn’t stain, so I count that as a win in my book. And, if it does happen to be sticky on your hands…the more left over for you to eat. Or just to play with later since its more meant to play with. My kids love some slime. They would play wit it all day. I honestly wish I had stock in glue because of how much I have to get for slime. Have fun playing with your food with this fun recipe! There is a printable format of the recipe at the bottom as well.
Edible Green St. Patrick’s Day Slime
1 tbs. Powdered fiber supplement containing psyllium
1 c. warm water
1 package of green powdered drink mix
Green food coloring
1. Place the warm water and 1 tbs. Of powdered fiber supplement in a large microwave safe bowl. The mixture will rise in the microwave, so make sure it has room to do so
in the bowl. Be careful to use a fiber supplement like Metamucil that has psyllium as an ingredient, as that is what makes the slime form.
2. Add one package of green powdered drink mix to the bowl and stir until completely dissolved. This will add additional scent to your slime and give it some color other than orange. If you would like a deeper color of green, add some food coloring.
3. Place the mixture in the microwave and cook for 4 minutes. If your microwave is greater than 1,100 watts, you might want to put the mixture in for just 3 minutes.
4. Take the mixture out and stir well.
5. Place the mixture back into the microwave and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Stir the mixture again and set it off to the side to cool.
7. The slime will look like water at first, but as it cools down, it will start to take shape.
8. Once cooled, you can play with your slime. This slime does leave some residue behind on your hands, but it does not color your hands, and it is easily washed off with warm water.