I have been searching the Internet lately for fun things to do for Easter with my children. Then I found out I had to work overtime all week! My poor coworker went to the dentist and they said her teeth were so soft, she would have to either get dentures or get a plate put in! So she was out all week long. Now today is the day before Easter and I haven’t done a single recipe with my children! UPDATE: I have some other awesome Easter recipe posts now like these pink chocolate covered pretzels or these Easter eggs rice krispie treats
Luckily I found this one on Family Fun and it looked like the most adorable, fun recipe to try!
Edible Easter Baskets Recipe
And my children really enjoyed them so it was super fun. Little M said he liked shaking the coconut up the most! And second, he liked the Nerds.
Edible Easter Baskets Recipe- Fun Easy Kid's Recipe
- 1 dozen cupcakes
- 1 bag jelly beans
- 1 canister of white icing
- Sweetened coconut colored with green food coloring
- Red licorice or sour straws
- First, frost the cupcakes with white icing.
- Use either red licorice or a sour straw to make the basket handle. I cut the licorice in half lengthwise to make it look better.
- Shake the shredded coconut in a stainless steel bowl.
- Sprinkle on food coloring bit by bit, mixing vigorously to distribute the color.
- Shake coconut over each cupcake and press in to stick. Make a bed of it.
- Now place three or four jelly beans on the "nest" of coconut.
- You can also add some nerds to make it look cuter.
- You can tie a small ribbon bow on the licorice handle.