I think everyone I know loves pretzels. They are what my kids ask for in the grocery store and what my friends ask for when we have parties. They are apparently the perfect snack while doing anything at all. Who knew? Salt lovers like me. I originally thought this recipe would be for Minions Pretzel Rods since I already have a recipe for Minions Pretzel Bark and Minions Fun Dip but I decided they looked like monsters instead. So here is a cute and easy Monster Pretzel Rods Recipe for your next party. Halloween is coming up (yes it totally is!) and I think they would be a great addition to any Halloween tablescape. Plus who would turn these cute yet scary things down? I know I would eat two of them. Or five. Or all of them lets be honest. And those Wilton candy eyes are delicious. You should just add them to everything this Halloween.
Pretzel Rods (I used Snyders)
Wilton white chocolate melting chips
Wilton candy eyes – small size
1/4 cup crushed Oreo cookies
Blue and yellow sprinkles
1. Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate candy melts in the microwave for 50 seconds. Stir and let cool for 1 minute.
2. Coat the pretzel rods with the melted chocolate about half way down the pretzel.
3. Before the white chocolate sets, decorate with yellow and blue sprinkles, crushed Oreos and candy eyes.
4. Allow pretzel rods to dry/set completely in an upright position in a glass or jar – about 20 minutes.
Monster Pretzel Rods Recipe
- Pretzel Rods I used Snyders
- Wilton white chocolate melting chips
- Wilton candy eyes - small size
- 1/4 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- Blue and yellow sprinkles
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate candy melts in the microwave for 50 seconds. Stir and let cool for 1 minute.
- Coat the pretzel rods with the melted chocolate about half way down the pretzel.
- Before the white chocolate sets, decorate with yellow and blue sprinkles, crushed Oreos and candy eyes.
- Allow pretzel rods to dry/set completely in an upright position in a glass or jar - about 20 minutes.
8 thoughts on “Monster Pretzel Rods Recipe”
I’ve made pretzel rods before, adding chocolate and sprinkles as gifts – and I can say everyone loves them. These are super for kids they would be a bit hit before – I must make these!
These are really adorable and look fun to make. I know my niece and nephew would love for me to make these! Thanks for sharing.
this is such a great idea for snacks. I think i’ll try it on my kids
This looks like a fun thing for the kids. I know my nephew would be into this.
These look great. I am guessing kids and adults will enjoy them.
These are absolutely the cutest. My nephew is going to love when I make them.
This is such a cute and fun idea! I would enjoy making these for a fun party.
They’re not my favorite thing but I have many friends who absolutely love them.