Sometimes when I am bored I spend my time looking through the food porn tag on Tumblr like for instance blackberry mini cheesecake recipe I just added. Ok, I do it several times a day. I can’t help it. I want to see beauty with my food. I wish I had the ability to make things that are too pretty to eat. And then eat them anyways. Like having a priceless painting and getting to touch it. Can you tell I am hungry and maudlin?
I think that having people over for dinner every week means that I need to start making more interesting things. I am pretty much tapped out at this point on new recipes. I have tried all the things my friends suggest. So now I am going to start trying new desserts. Like this awesome recipe I came across in the VA group for blackberry mini cheesecake jars. Mini cheesecakes in a jar? Heck yeah I am interested. I saw these and practically salivated because being from the South, there is not much that we don’t do with blackberries. We pick them from the moment they start ripening up on the vines until the are practically husks in the late summer.
You can get these awesome mini jars on Amazon. Ball 4-Ounce Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars with Lids and Bands, Set of 12 and they really come in handy for dinner parties, birthday parties, and all sorts of other things. I used to can and I used these for my jellies.
Blackberry Cheesecake Mini Jar Ingredients –
¾ C. sugar
3 packages of cream cheese, any brand – softened
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 C. blackberries
24 jelly jars (4 oz.)
1 C. of graham crackers, crushed
2 tbs. sugar
3 tbs. butter or margarine, melted
#1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
#2. Combine the melted butter and your 2 C. of graham cracker crumbs. Press about 2 tbs. of the mixture into the bottom of your 24 jelly jars.
#3. In a medium size bowl combine the softened cream cheese, ¾ C. sugar and vanilla. Blend with a mixer. Add each egg one at a time blending well on low speed.
#4. Bake 25-30 minutes. Centers will set. Cool and refrigerate completely.
#5. Add your fresh blackberries on top right before serving.
*Makes approximately 24 servings. 1 jar = 1 serving. Store in the refrigerator with the lids on up to 1 week.
Blackberry Mini Cheesecake Jars
- ¾ C. sugar
- 3 packages of cream cheese any brand – softened
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 C. blackberries
- 24 jelly jars 4 oz.
- -----CRUST ------
- 1 C. of graham crackers crushed
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 3 tbs. butter or margarine melted
- #1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- #2. Combine the melted butter and your 2 C. of graham cracker crumbs. Press about 2 tbs. of the mixture into the bottom of your 24 jelly jars.
- #3. In a medium size bowl combine the softened cream cheese, ¾ C. sugar and vanilla. Blend with a mixer. Add each egg one at a time blending well on low speed.
- #4. Bake 25-30 minutes. Centers will set. Cool and refrigerate completely.
- #5. Add your fresh blackberries on top right before serving.