I get to join 24 other amazing bloggers to visit the Pixar Animation Studios in San Francisco for a super Incredibles 2 press event in partnership with Disney & Pixar next week! It is going to be an incredible time. You shouldn’t even count how many times I am going to use the word incredible in this post because its going to be INCREDIBLE! I am honored to be invited back to work with these amazing bloggers and Disney again. I absolutely love interviewing such incredible talents when I go on these trips and I am always in awe when I leave.
Please make sure to follow along with the event on social by searching the hashtag #Incredibles2Event.
INCREDIBLES 2 EVENT – APRIL 3-5
ABOUT THE MOVIE
Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in “Incredibles 2” – but this time Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is in the spotlight, leaving Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell) and Dash (voice of Huck Milner) to navigate the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life. It’s a tough transition for everyone, made tougher by the fact that the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack’s emerging superpowers. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible.
Tuesday night we are headed to the Pixar Animation Studios and this is my very first time to be there! We will get to screen 30+ minutes of Incredibles 2 and the brand new animated short Bao which is going to be super.
After we watch Bao, we get to do a Q&A session with Director Domee Shi and Producer Becky Neiman to learn more about how the animated short was created. Domee Shi is the first ever woman to direct a short film so that is very incredible. Almost superhero like of her. Then we get to attend a “Bao” themed reception. And then I have time to explore San Francisco for awhile. I wonder what I will do.
And then on Wednesday we have a super full day of activities including:
- Learning about the breakdown of an action scene in Incredibles 2 from an amazing group including Story Supervisor Ted Mathot, Layout Supervisor Mahyar Abousaeedi, Animator Kureha Yokoo and Effects Artist Amit Baadkar
- An inside look at the wardrobe and costumes created for the film with Shading Art Director Bryn Imagire, Tailoring Lead Fran Kalal and Character Artist Deanna Marsigliese
- Learning about Jack-Jack’s powers and the challenges they presented the effects team with Supervising Animator Tony Fucile, Effects Supervisor Bill Watral and Effects Artist Jason Johnston
- Creating our own superhero and learning about the creation process with Pixar artists
- An INCREDIBLE press conference with Director Brad Bird and producers Nicole Grindle and John Walker!
- A presentation by the Disney parks theme on what’s coming to Disneyland for Pixar Fest in April
- And finishing with a Pixar Archives Tour
Thursday is going to be the tears day because we are going to the Walt Disney Family Museum. This is also my first visit there. We get to go on a guided walk-through of the “Make Believe: The World of Glen Keane” exhibit. And then we get to walk around by ourselves.
Then its to the airport and back home. I will be sad to go but its time for me to register my daughter for kindergarten and my son for 2nd grade. And the week after that I will be taking my teenager for his driving test. Where does the time go?
STAY SOCIAL WITH THE INCREDIBLES 2