I am always so amazed at the Air Bud movies. You would think they would just be for kids but I think they are super adorable. I end up singing along with them. The newest installment, PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER debuts today on digital and VOD. I was given a prescreener and I think it is so cute. I love how great the voice cast is. You could almost think these dogs could talk according to my 6 year old. “It takes two voices for a harmony” dun dun dun. Yeah I am singing it in my head again. I even got the chance to interview Tiny from the movie which was much more cuddly than my normal interviews.
Air Bud Entertainment, the proud creators of beloved family entertainment for more than 20 years, including ‘Air Bud’ and ‘Disney Air Buddies,’ announces an all-new adventure in the PUP STAR franchise — PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER. A pup-tastic adventure for the whole family, the exciting new canine film, featuring a soundtrack of paw-tapping new songs, debuts on Digital and VOD, August 29, 2017. The action-packed new season of the franchise continues with the story of Tiny, an adorable Yorkie pup who, after winning the ‘Pup Star’ TV singing competition, is suddenly launched into an adventure when she’s replaced by a street Yorkie, Scrappy, and the two swap lives in a dog-filled, fish-out-of-water tale that ultimately demonstrates life truly is ‘better together.’
AIR BUD ENTERTAINMENT’S
HUGELY PUP-ULAR DOG-FILLED SPIN ON
TV SINGING COMPETITIONS IS BACK!
Announcing An All-New Talking (and Singing) Canine Adventure
PUP STAR Franchise Continues with an Action-Packed New Movie
Featuring a Tail-Waggin Mix of Brand New Songs and a Pack of New Characters
All Working to ‘Make The Dream Real!’
Great New Family Film Debuts on Digital and VOD — August 29th!
Los Angeles, Calif. – August 16, 2017 – Air Bud Entertainment, the proud creators of beloved family entertainment for more than 20 years, including ‘Air Bud’ and ‘Disney Air Buddies,’ announces an all-new adventure in the PUP STAR franchise — PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER. A pup-tastic adventure for the whole family, the exciting new canine film, featuring a soundtrack of paw-tapping new songs, debuts on Digital and VOD, August 29, 2017. The action-packed new season of the franchise continues with the story of Tiny, an adorable Yorkie pup who, after winning the ‘Pup Star’ TV singing competition, is suddenly launched into an adventure when she’s replaced by a street Yorkie, Scrappy, and the two swap lives in a dog-filled, fish-out-of-water tale that ultimately demonstrates life truly is ‘better together.’
The launch of PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER follows the overwhelming popularity of the first film in the franchise (debut 2016). That film, ‘Pup Star,’ is currently available on Netflix, and recently had its broadcast premiere on Disney Channel.
“We’re ecstatic by the overwhelming response we’ve received to the original ‘Pup Star’ film and excited to return with another great story in a franchise that has become one of our company’s most popular,” said Writer, Director and CEO Robert Vince. “ With ‘Pup Star: Better 2Gether’ we continue the franchise with an exciting edge-of-your-seat dog adventure, succeeding in our company’s ongoing goal of providing families with quality entertainment they can all enjoy, together!” said Anna McRoberts, Producer and President of Air bud Entertainment.
PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER happily reunites many in the original film’s live-action cast including Makenzie Moss (Steve Jobs) as Tiny’s owner, Lou; David Deluise (The Wizards of Waverly Place) as her father, and Jed Rees (Deadpool). Denisse Ojeda joins the cast as the family’s loyal nanny ‘Ida.’
A bevy of blue ribbon voice talent lead the film including the return of top music icon Ziggy Marley (as ‘Dog Gnarly’) and 12-year old singing sensation Kaitlyn Maher (America’s Got Talent) as the voice of Tiny AND the voice of a street pup named Scrappy. John Ratzenberger also returns to the franchise, voicing ‘Salty.’ Rising YouTube sensation Mackenzie Sol (The X-Factor) joins the cast, as ‘P.U.P’ and teen talent Lil’ P-Nut (Nick’s ‘Haunted Hathaways) takes a bite out of the voice of wrapping pup ‘MC BITE.’
PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER is produced by Air Bud Entertainment, the creative force behind the #1 live-action, direct-to-home movies in the family category. The film is directed by “Air Bud” and “Disney Air Buddies” veteran Robert Vince, produced by Anna McRoberts and written by Vince and McRoberts.
The all-new movie’s release is accompanied by exciting promotional partnerships with highly esteemed companies including Old Mother Hubbard Natural Dog Treats, Eggland’s Best, Dogsters Ice Cream Style Treats for Dogs, Carvel Ice Cream, Color Me Mine, and Joy Cone Ice Cream Cones!
- Old Mother Hubbard Natural Dog Biscuits is partnering with PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER by promoting the film on free-standing displays, shelf talkers and social media as part of their “Battle of the Biscuits” flavor contest. Old Mother Hubbard, a member of the WellPet family of natural pet food brands, is over 90 years old. Since 1926, Old Mother Hubbard has been oven-baking natural, delicious, crunchy dog biscuits that pet parents can feel good about rewarding their dogs with.
- Eggland’s Best – America’s #1 Egg….providing better taste and better nutrition than ordinary eggs for you and your family will host a multi-platform digital sweepstakes supporting PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER with a grand prize family trip to St Pete/Clearwater Florida; other prizes include Schwinn SmartStart Bicycles, Kurgo summer travel packages for active dogs, and much more!
- Carvel, the first retail ice cream franchise in the U.S., will create a multi-faceted campaign featuring a custom PUP STAR ice cream cake, a movie discount offer for PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER and a dog talent video contest. Promo materials include in-store POP, three million coupon book mailers, and social media.
- J&J Snack Foods, a leader and innovator in the snack food industry providing nutritional and affordable branded niche snack foods and beverages, is promoting a discount for the downloadable version of PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER on Dogsters Peanut Butter & Cheese and Mint Kissably boxes, freezer clings and social media. Dogsters Ice Cream Style Treats for Dogs is a premium snack for every dog!
- Color Me Mine, the world’s leading pottery painting studio chain, is celebrating PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER at their National Dog Day events on August 26th. Customers will have fun painting pet themed items and all kids will receive a free PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER tattoo and coloring sheet (while supplies last).
- Joy Cone Co., an independent, 100% employee owned business, the largest manufacturer of ice cream cones in the world, practicing the art of cone baking for almost 100 years, will promote PUP STAR: BETTER 2GETHER through a coloring contest, an online sweepstakes and social media.
Official Film Synopsis
Pup Star is back for an all-new adventure! After winning the canine competition show ‘Pup Star’ and becoming an international pup sensation, Tiny, the adorable Yorkie, has her world turned upside down when an evil rival switches her out in competition with a street pup named Scrappy. The two pups find themselves living the others’ very different life and an incredible journey through iconic cities ensues in this fun and hilarious dog-out-of-water adventure! As they prepare for the Pup Star competition to reach its finale, each experiences life through a very different collar and discover the importance of family and being true to yourself. At the finale, both Yorkies claim to be Tiny leaving everyone, including the judges, wondering – who is the real Pup Star? A huge, fun musical adventure, ‘Pup Star: Better 2gether’ is filled with incredible singing pups, fantastic new paw-tapping songs, and an action-packed heart-warming story that will have audiences of all ages howling for more!
About Air Bud Entertainment
The company behind the beloved AIR BUD and DISNEY AIR BUDDIES franchises, Air Bud Entertainment is celebrating 20 years as a trusted family brand, which has become part of the social fabric across generations of children, parents and grandparents. Offering original family-friend films across numerous multi-media and digital platforms, fans can also now watch exclusive programming on Air Bud TV including original, all new short form content and TV series. Visit and subscribe to http://airbud.com and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHAL_UurzMKDyrpddriiuXA