I have came to the conclusion that I will never as good of a cook as my grandmother. I think I am pretty accepting on that since I am a third of her age but I hope to get there one day. Every holiday I bring the same things to our holidays. I bring corn on the cob and baked mac n cheese. Not just any baked mac n cheese though. I bring pepperjack mac n cheese with pancetta.
Pepperjack Baked Mac n Cheese with Pancetta
Nothing says home cooking like mac n cheese so put a new spin on an old classic with this great Pepperjack Mac N Cheese with Pancetta recipe. The pepperjack adds a little spice to an old recipe and the pancetta makes it a meal all on its own.
1-3/4 c. milk
1/3 c. bread crumbs (about three to four pieces of bread)
6 oz. Pepperjack Velveeta, cubed
2.5 tbsp flour
5. Grind bread crumbs in a food processor or just crumble. Combine bread crumbs and 1 tbsp. melted butter. Sprinkle over macaroni.
Pepperjack Baked Mac n Cheese with Pancetta Recipe
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. Ronco elbow macaroni
- 1-3/4 c. milk
- 1/3 c. bread crumbs about three to four pieces of bread
- 6 oz. Pepperjack Velveeta cubed
- 4 oz Original Velveeta
- 2.5 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 12 oz package of pancetta you can use the 8 oz pkg but I like mine to have lots of pancetta
- Optional seasonings: 1/2 tsp salt 1/8 pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 1 qt baking dish for your mac n cheese. I use the disposable lasagna dishes during the holidays so that I can easily take to my family's houses.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package and drain. Cook pancetta in a skillet with olive oil and set aside on a paper towel.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a large pot. Whisk in flour, stir in milk slowly, and cook, stirring constantly, until flour is completely mixed in. Add seasonings and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add macaroni, stir well, and transfer to your baking dish.
- Grind bread crumbs in a food processor or just crumble. Combine bread crumbs and 1 tbsp. melted butter. Sprinkle over macaroni.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.