Many thanks to Walmart and Kingsford charcoal for their sponsorship of this post.
If there is one thing the South loves, it’s football season. The weather gets cooler, the nights get longer, the colors start to darken and it’s time to pull out the grill for a few tailgating parties. In my opinion there are few dishes that can beat a good BBQ so when I got asked to make something with the awesome Kingsford charcoal and Walmart beef, I pulled up some websites to look for something new we haven’t ever tried before. The one that caught my eye was a meatloaf hamburger. While I’m not a big fan of meatloaf cooked in the oven I know that grills make everything delicious. If your family is anything like mine you can’t have meat loaf without some mashed potatoes which means that when I was telling my husband about this I was threatened with a divorce if there weren’t any mashed potatoes included. I always mixed the two when my mom made it so I knew the only thing to do was a meatloaf and mashed potato burger.
Mashed Potato Garlic Meatloaf Burger
- 1 pack McCormick meatloaf mix but you can use whatever one you prefer
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups crushed garlic and butter croutons you can use whatever you want for this, bread crumbs, panko, crushed ritz crackers
- 1-2 pounds ground beef
- Meatloaf patties
- Dump all that stuff in a bowl and mix it together.
- After it's good and mixed make some patties. (thicker side works better)
- Cook on the grill like normal
- After you flip them squirt some ketchup on top to give it that nice meatloaf look
- While the pattties are grilling, make mashed potatoes like you normally would. (I used instant)
- Add garlic butter to your buns and put them on the grill for a couple of minutes to get them crispy
- Add mashed potatoes to your bun and then add your burger!
10 thoughts on “Mashed Potato Garlic Meatloaf Burger Recipe”
This is delicious and everyone should eat it.
That looks absolutely delicious!
That looks fantastic! It combines all of my favorites 🙂
OMG how delicious that looks! And I love just about everything that’s cooked on a bbq grill!
Wow this sounds so good I will have to try it with Panko, since my family is addicted to it!
Such a unique recipe. I’ve got to try this. My husband will be thrilled when he sees what goes into it! And I agree, everything is better when grilled! I’ve never tried McCormick meatloaf mix before, I’ll have to pick some up. And I love the idea of using crushed garlic and butter croutons! I would have never thought of that!
That looks absolutely delicious and must make this for my family
sibabe64 at ptd dot net
This looks yummy! I like that it’s so different from any other burger I have ever had. Will have to make this for the family.
At first glance at the title, I admit I was a little nervous. After Redding through your post, I’m super excited to try them. I’ll have to brave the cold weather and get on this asap!