I was about 7 months pregnant with Elijah when I was first asked if I was going to make my own baby food. It is not that I didnt realize people did that since my family is pretty broke and I have seen many a cousin or aunt whip up some food for the baby and mash it to pieces. It is that I didn’t realize how much thought went into it. I looked online and people had these super expensive baby food making systems with tons of accessories and cookbooks. I was entirely too overwhelmed to even try and so was my husband. This time around I said I would do it and I will. Luckily, even though its only been a few years, baby food making is super easy. I was sent an awesome Nuk Freshfoods Cook-n-Blend Baby Food Maker and I LOVE IT!
The Freshfoods™ Cook-n-Blend Baby Food Maker was super easy to set up and use. It wasn’t large so I kept the box so that I could store it when my babies got older. It looks so cool on my counter though. I am already a fan of Nuk-USA on Facebook but I went there to see what everyone else thought and everyone thinks its an amazing product.
It came with a really cool recipe book so I immediately tried one out. I used the Apple and Pear Puree. It only took 17 minutes to make and I thought it was delicious.
It retails for $99 but there is an awesome $20 coupon for it right now and $1 off any accessory. There are tons of great accessories for the Freshfoods Cook-n-Blend Baby Food Maker like the Freshfoods™ Fill & Freeze Pops. I know all my boys would love some yummy pops!
I cannot say enough about this product. I have used it so many times since I received it and I keep trying new things all the time. Here are some more awesome things about it:
- Dual-action function steams and blends food for quick, nutritious meals in two super easy steps
- Healthy steam cooking helps preserve vitamins and minerals
- Makes up to four meals at a time with large 32 oz bowl
- Double steamer basket separates food to help preserve flavors
- Beeps and stops automatically when ready
- With two texture options–smooth or chunky–you can use it for years as it grows with your child
- I put all the pieces in the dishwasher so it was easy to clean
- Includes bonus smoothie blade so the whole family can enjoy
- Includes free recipe book with meal ideas from world-famous child nutrition expert, Annabel Karmel
I am so happy that I am a member of Moms Meet so that I can try really cool things like this. My local mommy group is always so happy to see what new things I have for them to try out.