Game night is very important in our household. We try to do it every week, sometimes twice a week if we can. It has been slacking off lately though because Baby E is at an age where he just wants to be destructive which isn’t fun if he is throwing games around. It is still a family tradition. I found out recently about Dip Dip Hooray. It is an online site where you can bring family game night back and also unlock awesome digital games!
You can enter to win Hasbro games from now through 9/22/12. t’s super easy to enter. Just register for an account at http://www.diptoplay.com and each day you can claim an entry by clicking on it. Each week there are several different games being given away. You are also entering for the GRAND PRIZE which is a $350 Gift Card to the www.HasbroToyShop.com online store, a $125 Prepaid gift card and 25 of Hasbro’s most popular board games. See the official rules. What I really wanted to do though was unlock the digital game of the week. So I went out to get snacks for game night and food for football the next day.
The first few things I needed to get were for my Cheesyburger Fries recipe. It is a really simple recipe that requires very few ingredients. I wanted to pick up all the Dip Dip Hooray items like Ore-Ida fries, Tyson Chicken Nuggets, and Heinz Ketchup as well as a few odds n ends like light bulbs and a snake thing for our stopped up drain. Little M decided that he was sooooo hungry at the grocery store, he would turn into a zombie and eat Baby E. I told him we would be home soon and I would make a cool recipe just for him. WE picked out the Ore-Ida Crinkle Cut fries because they remind me of school. I know that sounds weird but I miss school lunches sometimes. You can check out Ore-Ida on Facebook.
So we got home and I started to cook for game night. Little M picked out Monopoly for game night because it was his turn to pick. Him and Big E are very competitive so I just knew this wasn’t going to end well. However, family game night is always entertaining so at least we were going to eat well. I got some Tyson Chicken Nuggets for us to dip in ketchup. Yum, I love ketchup. Heinz is always going to be one of my favorite ketchup brands because they have an awesome bottle that fits so well in the fridge. Plus it is very tasty! You can check out Heinz on Twitter and Facebook. You can also check out Tyson on Twitter and Facebook.
Now that we had everything put up and ready for game night, I was ready to start making my recipe. Little M stood by in the kitchen hovering to see if I needed any help. He is a big helper but this recipe doesn’t really require much. It only takes about 20-25 (depending on your fries) to make and serve.
Cheesyburger Fries Recipe
- (32-ounce) bag frozen French fries
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced dill pickles (optional)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Place frozen French fries on baking sheet and bake according to directions. I always place my baking sheet in the oven while it preheats so that my fries are crunchier.
- While potatoes are baking, brown ground beef over high heat until cooked through, drain off excess fat. Place back in skillet.
- Stir in ketchup, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. You can also add some chopped onions to the mixture if you like.
- Serve on a platter with meat mixture drizzled over the fully cooked french fries. Add cheese to the top. I used shredded cheese but nacho cheese will work.
- Optional: You can add raw onions or pickles depending on your preference. You can also drizzle some ketchup over the top for added tang.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. and Tyson and Heinz #CBias #SocialFabric As always, all opinions are my own.